+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Pump Filter system and skimmers

Unhappy Help with Pump Filter system and skimmers

Hi I just bought a house and it has a pool. I don't know anything about pools but I will be having a pool class tomorrow hopefully it's good. But I do have a problem right now, the guy that sold me the house I don't know if he tried to sabotage me but he took out the skimmer baskets and I have found a lot of debris sticks and mud and some black stuff in the skimmers I have put my hand in there into both holes and keep pulling out stuff. The pool is getting green by the day even though I keep running the pump.

Today when I ran it I didn't see no water running through it as fast as it was when he was here. And when I turned it off the pump started to overflow and the water was real hot. I don't know if the lines are plugged up and that is the reason why it's not turning over the water. So I turned it off right now but don't like that my pool keeps getting greener and greener should I contact an expert to come and flush out the lines?

Another thing I have read everywhere that with backwash I might be able to fix this but there is no line to where the water will run. The filter system doesn't have the tag either so i don't know where backwash, filter and all of those signs are at.

Can i get some help thank you. I didn't like that the previous owner did this to me. Maybe because he was Navy and I was Army...lol

J/K,
    Oscar

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Help with Pump Filter system and skimmers

Hi Oscar and welcome to the forum! I'm going to let one of the equipment gurus help you with your problem, but I just want to caution you about something.

I have no idea what kind of pool class you are going to attend, but do not let anybody talk you into buying any products while you are there until you run it past us first. Pool stores are notorious for selling unsuspecting pool owners products that are expensive and that they don't need. Just a heads up for you!

Watermom,

Thank You for the infromation. Well the class was good I learned about my Filter that it's DE and other ifnromation that was usefull like how the water runs and where the backwash gows to.

I did buy some shock and it did work but the pool is still green a little bit, i scrubbed it allready as well but it's just nto working. I'm getting fustrated all ready what can I put in it so it turns to a regular beautifull water color.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Oscar,
    Welcome tot he forum.
    First caution, don't run the pump with little or no flow. With blocked flow all the motors work is going into heating the water in the pump chamber as you have felt. If it gets hot enough it could ruin the pump. As for the skimmer line blockages, I guess the first thing I would try is a wet/dry shop vac to try and suck the stuff back through the skimmer. Stick the vac hose onto the skimmer hole and see what you get out. If you have stuff really jammed then I think the only solution is to try a snake from the pump end back toward the skimmer. Never had to try this but be careful and don't get too aggressive and damage the pipe. People in the business probably do have ways to clear lines safely so that may be your best bet. They could also educate you more on your specific setup but as Mom said, if they try and sell you something really expensive, shoot it by us first.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread