+ Reply to Thread

Thread: questions about pumps and filtering for above ground pool

Default questions about pumps and filtering for above ground pool

I bought an 18'x4' pool at Sams for my kids and they love it, but I have had some issues and am looking for advice. The pool is a ProSeries made by Polypool and the skimmer is a plastic canister that mounts to the side of the pool with a black bok containing the pump hanging from the bottom of the canister. It uses the cartridge style filters and I was running through them at a rate of about 2 a week and I couldn't keep my chemicals right; also the impeller shaft on the pump broke so it would not pump at all. I took the pumo back to Sams and they replaced it with a new one which I am only using as a pass-through fitting for the plumbing going to my new sand filter and stand-alone pump. The pump and filter I bought claim to be more than enough for my pool, but now I have issues with floating debris and bugs not being sucked down into the skimmer and filter. they get sucked into the canister but the suction is not strong enough to pull them down, they just flost on top. Should I run both pumps and see if that helps or will I blow a seal by force-feeding the new pump with the old one? Is there something else I need to do to make the sucton from the new pump strrong enough to create a whirlpool and pull the trash down?

Help please, this manual net skimming every time the kids want to swim is getting old!

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: questions about pumps and filtering for above ground pool

Hi slow96z, congratulations on the new pool!!

I can't answer your equipment question, but one of the equipment gurus who can give you good info should be by soon to take a look at your thread.

I just wanted to let you know that your post has been read, and welcome you to the forum!
    Janet

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I'm pretty sure that is a Sams-only brand, with non-standard pump and filter . . . which means none of us know exactly what you have. I'd say, send a picture, but I'm starting a 2 week focus on critical server issues, so I won't promise to get the pics posted quickly. But, you can send them to poolforum AT gmail DOT com.

Your BEST bet is to go the mfg site. If the Sams product is just a relabeled Intex, you may be able to get info on the Intex site.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Or you can send them to poolforum DOT pics AT gmail DOT com and one of the mods will post them for you since Ben is kinda busy. (Or at least that's what he's telling us. For all we know, he's on a tropical island somewhere basking in the sun drinking pina coladas!)

Remember to reference the URL of this thread.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I wish. (So does Susan.)

+ Reply to Thread