+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epoxy Bolt Kits for Diving Board Bases

Default Epoxy Bolt Kits for Diving Board Bases

Does anyone have any experience with the Epoxy Bolt kits for mounting the diving board base to the concrete deck around the pool?

Thanks.

Default Re: Epoxy Bolt Kits for Diving Board Bases

We have to replace the board and would like to replace the base at the same time. Of course, since the base is 30 years old, I can't find a base with the same bolt pattern. These Epoxy Bolt kits would sure be a lot easier than cutting out a patch of the existing concrete and pouring new concrete.

I noticed that there isn't much talk about diving boards on this forum. Is there a reason for this? Are people worried about liablity?

Hello?.....crickets chriping......anyone out there?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Sorry you are not getting replies. Forum is kinda slow this weekend and also, you're right. Not too much about diving boards on here. Maybe someone will know.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

I've only used them once, but they worked for at least 3 years (could have been longer, but I moved after 3 years so don't know if the ones I installed are still good)

Just to make sure we're on the same page, the one's I'm talking about had a bolt encased in a 'test tube' - you drill the appropriate size hole, pop in the test tube end and whack the bolt with a hammer to activate/ mix the epoxy - then wait for the epoxy to harden and install the base.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Quote Originally Posted by waste View Post
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, the one's I'm talking about had a bolt encased in a 'test tube' - you drill the appropriate size hole, pop in the test tube end and whack the bolt with a hammer to activate/ mix the epoxy - then wait for the epoxy to harden and install the base.
    Those are the ones I was talking about. Thanks for the reply, but I just found a base that matches mine exactly. I've been searching for a couple of weeks and I had given up hope. The base was 30 years old, and I didn't think there was any way that I would find one that matched. Luckily a came across one searching about the epoxy bolt kits. Go figure.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Glad you found a matching base!

Remember to pick up a little graphite paste, or similar, to help keep the threads on the bolts in good shape - or you'll end up having to use the epoxy bolts anyway
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Quote Originally Posted by tyandnikki View Post
    Hello?.....crickets chriping......anyone out there?
    I had a good laugh on that one!!

+ Reply to Thread