+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tested Water to Start BBB method

Default Re: Tested Water to Start BBB method

Thanks everyone I figured out the CYA thing after looking around the test kit for awhile. Haven't tested it yet. We just put the stabilizer in yesterday. Brand new filter installed. I have about 25ppm of FC at the moment...and only about 1-2 ppm of CC. Just added about a gallon of Bleach last night. (There was NO chlorine in the pool and was getting cloudy) So I'm guessing that's why my FC is so high. Should I test my PH right now? And will my FC get lower and my CC get higher as time goes on? Or am I in trouble with my FC being 25ppm?!? Oh...I hope I didn't mess anything up. I have been running the pump non-stop since putting in the Stabilizer like watermom said.

=====================================

I was sitting here thinking. Maybe I'm doing my multiplying wrong? I put in 12 drops to get the pink out for the FC. Would that 24ppm or 2.4ppm??
    ~Holly

27ft 16K gal round AGP --Hayward sand filter -- Pump- 1 1/2hp A.O Smith Using BBB method --- Taylor K-2006 -- PF=> 7.5

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You don't want your CC to go up. Ideally, your CC will be 0 or at least, no greater than 0.5ppm.

If you had no chlorine in the pool, one gallon would not take you anywhere near 25. It would probably add somewhere around 3.5ppm.

Try the chlorine tests again. Take a look at these online demos of how to use your K-2006. It might be helpful.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/pr..._slideshow.asp

PH should not be tested if your chlorine level is over 15ppm. After you retest chlorine levels and verify that your FC is not 25ppm, then test pH.

Continue to run the pump 24/7 for 4 to 5 days after the stabilizer was added. Do not test for CYA for a week after it was added so you don't waste your reagents.

Did you fill the test tube with 10ml of water, or 25ml? If 10ml, then multiply the number of drops by 0.5. If 25ml, then multiply the number of drops by 0.2.
    South Florida - 16,000g Diamond Brite pool, 700g spa & waterfall, Jandy 1400 AquaPure SWCG, Jandy variable-speed 1.5H pump, Jandy 60 DE filter, Jandy heat pump - using Taylor K-2006 kit

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by HollyClo View Post

I was sitting here thinking. Maybe I'm doing my multiplying wrong? I put in 12 drops to get the pink out for the FC. Would that 24ppm or 2.4ppm??
    If you put in 12 drops to get the pink out, then your FC=6.

Just tested again. My FC=1 and my CC=.2 or less

How much FC should I be aiming to get in the pool?

======================================

PH is 7.2 still
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-02-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: merge posts - also reduced line count in sig
    ~Holly

27ft 16K gal round AGP --Hayward sand filter -- Pump- 1 1/2hp A.O Smith Using BBB method --- Taylor K-2006 -- PF=> 7.5

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

If the water is clear, and there's no sign of algae, then you need to be keeping your chlorine levels between 3-6 ppm at all times. Once the stabilizer starts to register, then your minimum chlorine requirement will rise. See the "best guess chlorine chart" link in my sig for more information about that.

Janet
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-02-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: sig wasn't showing -- turned it on
    Janet

Added about a gallon and a half of bleach last night and I'm at 4.6 ppm FC this morning Getting better!! Looking clearer too... Thank you all again for the help! I really do appreciate it. I would be lost without ya!
    ~Holly

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Tested this morning. My FC=4.4ppm...I tested my CYA because we are going to be gone all weekend...so I wanted to sorta see where I was. My CYA doesn't register on the tube. I filled it all the way up and could still see the black dot. It was cloudy...but definitely visible. Does that mean I don't have enough stabilizer in the pool? And should I put more bleach in the pool before we leave for the weekend to keep the FC up? Please reply as soon as you can...so I know what to do before we leave! Thanks!!!
    ~Holly

If the water was a little cloudy, but never obscured the black dot, that means your CYA is less than 30 ppm, and you do need some more in the pool. So..you can go ahead and add more CYA now, or if you have trichlor pucks, you can always add them to a floater. Otherwise, go ahead and put enough bleach in to run your Cl up to shock level (12-15 ppm) and it should be fine for the weekend.

Janet

+ Reply to Thread