+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Rover Jr

Default Pool Rover Jr

Well I finally bought the Pool Rover Jr and tried it out for the first time yesterday and I am impressed! It does what it is built to do and that is clean the pool and fast! I was a little worried at first that it moves to fast. It rolls over the dirt a little to quick IMO, you then can see the dirt and leaves just blow all around. I was thinking it was not going to clean the pool so I just went in the house and just let it do it's thing. I came out an hour later and the pool was spot less! A few things left over, but for the mess that was in the pool, it was pretty amazing. We have these little balls that fall out of the Oak trees, they are hard little brown things and they just fall in the pool all summer long, it also drops these little pellets, when they get wet, they smear, just a mess. The vacuum was struggling to pick them up on a normal pass, but in the end it got them up!

The cleaner is pretty neat how it cleans. It will go across the pool and it finds the center of the pool, after it finds center, it will then go back and forth from the center to the walls back and forth, back and forth. The wheel are turned slightly with a lock pin and continues this motion over and over! You can then pull the lock pin on the front wheels and have the wheel turn in the opposite direction and it will go over and get the spots that it missed. I am very happy and I hope this machine holds up! So far so good, I give it a thumbs up!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Cool Re: Pool Rover Jr

Hi,

I am near my second season with this critter. My pool is IG, 16K gallons, and not round. Do to the shape of the pool, and all the tree stuff that falls into my pool, I usually need to run the Rover twice. I have two positions for the power pack for each run. The little Rover does a decent job.

My only issue is that after the first season the internal filtration bag lost its elasticity at the top resulting in dirt picked up flowing in and out of the Rover. This means new bag time. Since my bag had no holes in it, and I am a tight wad (new bags locally sell for about 50 bucks), I took a size 34 mens brief, cut off the elastic waist band, and used that to hold the Rover bag in place. Works pretty good since I am at the end of my second season now!

If I were to do this better, maybe size 32 mens briefs (not the oldest in the drawer either), and sew it onto the Rover bag. Alternatively use the whole brief, then sew closed the leg openings, picking a brief that has longer leg sections. That would replace the entire bag.

Jimmy

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Pool Rover Jr

I knew one day I'd find a use for the old tighty whitey's.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread