+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Over 1 week after above ground pool installation, AGP 24' round, bottom still soft...

Default Over 1 week after above ground pool installation, AGP 24' round, bottom still soft...

... installer said to wait a week but we've had rain since the install and I think the rain water has run under the pool, eroding some of the sand. Now we have footprints in some areas. Is this a significant problem, and can it be fixed? (Should it be fixed?)

Thanks,

Ed

p.s. We're brand new pool owners, real newbies

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Over 1 week after above ground pool installation, AGP 24' round, bottom still sof

Quote Originally Posted by ejacoby1 View Post
    ... installer said to wait a week but we've had rain since the install
    Wait a week to do what?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Over 1 week after above ground pool installation, AGP 24' round, bottom still sof

I wouldn't let them off the hook. You paid for the installation to be done correctly.

When I installed my first liner years back, we did it ourself. We got the pool up and the liner in and then threw the hose in to start filling it up. It was going fine. We had duct-taped the hose to the top rail so the hose would stay in place. Throughout the night, we got up every couple of hours to check the hose. One time when we got up, we found that the duct tape had popped loose and the hose had fallen to the ground and was aimed at the base of the pool. It had washed out a footprint sized area of sand about 1-1/2 inches deep that was about 2 inches away from the pool wall on the bottom of the pool. I was so disappointed. My new pool wasn't perfect. But, we told the kids to leave the footprint alone and it never got any bigger. It wasn't an issue with the integrity of my pool, but was a cosmetic issue. However, WE were at fault, not an installer.

Your case is different. You hired someone to do the job correctly.

+ Reply to Thread