+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inground liner bead types?

Default Inground liner bead types?

Hi,

I thinking of replacing my inground pool liner myself. My question is are there different types of liner beads on inground liners? Do I need to be concerned that the bead of a liner I buy won't fit into the track?

Thanks

Jeff

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Inground liner bead types?

Jeff;

The guy who answered you (Tsunami) is now banned as a spammer. He was posting from an IP address that has repeatedly and recently been used to spam forums. I don't know if he's the spammer, or whether he simply has allowed his PC to be hacked, and then used by spammers. Either way, I had to ban him.

Unfortunately, I know little about liners. Fortunately, we have some other regular posters who know more.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Welcome to the Forum!

There are 3, that I know of, different IG liner beads. Your liner manufacturer needs to know which one you have. Probably the best way to let them know which one you have is to send them a piece of the bead - a 1" piece would be enough.

They all fit, but don't 'lock' in correctly, if not correctly matched to the receiving track .

I've installed well over 1000 liners - feel free to ask me any questions
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Wow. You really do need to write that liner guide! -Ben

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Thanks, Ben - I'll try to get it finished on Tues or Wed ( I've got a shoulder issue that is exasperated by typing , ( but might be corrected tomorrow PM)

Even if the treatment doesn't work, I'll get the info typed up by Thurs.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Thanks for the advice, Waste. I was planning to send a picture of the bead, but sending an actual sample is much better.

Just out of curiosity, since all three will fit into each other's track, would installing liner lock fix the problem of a mismatched bead? Would putting some liner lock in be a good idea even if I have the correct bead for the track?

Thanks, Jeff

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Gee, Ted. I'm in the talking/thinking stage of maybe replacing my pool next year. With all that experience I wish YOU could be the one who does my next liner! That way I would know it would be done perfectly! We are fortunate to help you helping here on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by waste View Post
    Even if the treatment doesn't work, I'll get the info typed up by Thurs.
    I wasn't trying to push -- don't do what you shouldn't, please.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by jjdean View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Waste. I was planning to send a picture of the bead, but sending an actual sample is much better.

Just out of curiosity, since all three will fit into each other's track, would installing liner lock fix the problem of a mismatched bead? Would putting some liner lock in be a good idea even if I have the correct bead for the track?

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, liner lock would probably work (or $10 in pennies LOL), but it's best to have the bead match the receiver

Mom, I'd love to help you with your pool - I actually got to see oneof the TFP pools this spring - he knew I lived close and hired me to open his pool and show him how to properly care for it, maybe my dream of "TrusTed" pool service is closer to becoming a reality - I've still got friends in Mo'town that I'd love to have a reason to visit in ~ April.

Ben, whatever I do, or don't do, my shoulder ahces (if not worse) - I am going to get a new computer desk and chair on Wed. to try to alieviate the issue. I'm hoping my typing will be more comfortable by Wednessday evening.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by waste View Post
    Welcome to the Forum!
    They all fit, but don't 'lock' in correctly, if not correctly matched to the receiving track .

I've installed well over 1000 liners - feel free to ask me any questions

Wow! How much beer would it take to get you to come to New Jersey when I have to replace mine in a couple of years?
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread