+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aqua Rite Question

Angry Aqua Rite Question

Hello my name is Gabriel Alfonso. I have a ground pool of 38 thousand gallons and I have the aqua rite salt chorination system. I have put salt on the pool and the clock of the monitor comes out zero I have put up to 8 bags of salt and the monitor numbers does not move and the I get a blinking light that says to check cells. I look online for way way on how to clean my cell and I followed all the instruction that were giving to me. And the monitor is still at zero what could it be.

Thank You!!

Default Re: Aqua Rite Question

Gabriel,

If you start at zero salt, and want 3000 ppm salt for 38000 gallons, you need approximately 954 pounds of salt.

Try this calculator: http://www.poolcalculator.com/

That would be about 24 bags at 40 pounds each. Since you have put in 8 bags already, factor that in. I would also try not to overshoot, so go in smaller steps. Getting some salt test strips, or pool store testing might also be options. Just remember the same sample tested different ways will yield surprisingly big variations, so this is not an exact science.

Good Luck!
    Jim

Default Re: Aqua Rite Question

You should also get some AquaCheck salt test strips. If I did the math right you should be at around 1000ppm already after adding 320lbs (8x40lb bags) of salt. It may be too low to register on the aqua rite's sensor.

Also, the aqua-rite only periodically updates the reading. You may need to power off the control panel until the display goes out, then power it back on to force it to take a new reading. It will only take a reading when it's in on or super chlorinate mode. Won't update when it's off.

Another thing to consider is you need to turn the generator off for about 24 hours when adding salt because you could end up with some undissolved salt going through the cell while it's on, which could cause it to draw excessive current.

Is this a newly added swcg? If it's not you may not really have started at 0ppm. Lowering your salt level involves a partial drain/refill so you definitely don't want to over salinate.
    Last edited by kelemvor; 07-15-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

+ Reply to Thread