+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please, advice for stock tank pool

Default Please, advice for stock tank pool

I would love to make a small kiddie pool out of a 500 gallon plastic stock tank. Is there a way to keep the water clean without having to make a hole in the tank for pump hoses? Can I buy one of those small filters I see for those intex brand pools? Trying to learn as I have no clue. Any advise appreciated!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Please, advice for stock tank pool

Now that's an interesting concept! Find somebody trashing an Intex donut and,well here's an idea: Make a combo clamp, return out of hard PVC. Make "U" that hooks over the side. The water goes from the pump into the bottom of the "U" on one side and into the pool on the other (with a 90 deg bend so it's not all the way down). The drain would go near the bottom of the pool, on another "U". Again put a 90 deg bend at the bottom. All this stuff is available at Home Depot for maybe $30. If you have an old Intex, with 1.25" pipes, you'll want to use PVC with a 1.25" OD, and you're all set! Just being inventive.

Carl.
    Carl

I had a galvanized stock tank set up in my driveway for the kids, for years. I dumped in a "glug" of Clorox every day. Given all the splashing and having the hose in it nearly all the time to refill and play with that water stayed amazingly clean. If it got too muddy I would just empty the tank and refill it.

It's a very simple kiddie pool, easy to maintain and tons of fun for the kids.
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Thank you Watermom for the kind welcome and Carl for the great idea! I am going to start looking for a small pump and give it a try. AnnaK, yes it will be slot of fun for the kids and cheap too! Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread