+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A small pool, 12' x 3.25' .. 2150 gallons

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: A small pool, 12' x 3.25' .. 2150 gallons

The "sparkle" comes from filtering of clean water--not sure what type of filter you have, but you may just have to give it some time--and keep your chlorine levels up!

If the pool makes your skin feel dried out when you get out, make sure that you rinse off with tap water after swimming. Some people add salt to their water (even if they don't have a SWCG) because it makes the water feel softer.

Janet

Salt? What kind of salt? I have one of those pumps that mount on the side of the pool. I change my filter every week, just so it stays nice and clean. Water is clean but just has a dull look about it... I have heard that it should sparkle when sun hits it but mine don't.. lol sounds silly but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    Thank you Janet

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

I'll let the SWCG folls chime in here, but I believe it's solar salt-- sold specifically for pools.

Janet

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I put salt in my Intex donut just for the feel. It is still best to rinse after the pool but I thought the salt made the pool water feel alot better. I used Solar salt from the water softener section at Home Depot (it cost less than the solar pool salt at the same HD). Don't use the premium blends or pellets as these contain other stuff. Also don't use Rock Salt for driveways as that stuff is full of dirt and other junk.

As for the sparkle, I was unable to achieve sparkling water with any of several Intex ( and other brands ) cartridge filters made for that type pool. I also could see tiny paticles in the water at night with a flashlight and with the flash from the underwater camera. We moved from a 12' shallow donut to a 15' 42" donut ( still in use at me neighbor's ) to our new 12x24x52" AG; if you plan to go the upgrade route, consider a small sand filter, I haven't use one but there are a few out there - it may help with water quality.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Lately, the last 2days my water bubbles when you jump into it and the fizzes. There is no bubbles in the pool until we get in it is like jumping into club soda, it actually fizzes and you can see it and feel it... Does anyone know what causes it? I have tested everything and all my readings are normal. ie my chlorine, ph, acid and total hardness, what am I missing here? Never added anything but bleach ran pump longer and got my pool to sparkle but now its like swimming in club soda...lol
    Any suggestions? Thank you

C 6.5
    pH 7.2
    TA 120
    This is my readings can't figure out the club soda effects????

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I've seen this happen, but only occasionally been able to find out why.

Right now, I've got a commercial kiddie pool (6,000 gallons) that turns milky and fizzes every other time when I add salt, which we do a LOT, because of all the splash out. Dunno why, but I don't worry about it.

I've also seen it happen, when air gets dissolved in your pool water. That happens some times, if you have a suction leak that brings a SMALL amount of air into the pump. When this is the case, there will usually be a film of bubbles on the sides of the pool, so that if you run your hand on the pool wall, it will release the bubbles. Usually, you can feel them, too -- makes the pool wall feel slick.

But, I don't have any general explanation.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

TA 120 and pH 7.2 - shouldn't this pool be producing CO2?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

It may, but not all pools with those levels behave that way. -ben

+ Reply to Thread