+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In ground pool has pool drain cover plate trying to poke through the liner

Default In ground pool has pool drain cover plate trying to poke through the liner

I had my liner replaced two years ago, the installer suggested removing the bottom drain for child safety. As I have a young child I took the advice and he proceeded to close off the bottom drain. He removed it and placed a large metal sheet over the hole. He taped down the edges with duct tape. Almost immediately after filling with water the metal sheet has been trying to pull up the edges are bent up and pushing the liner upward. I think its just a matter of time before they cut the liner. I dont see how one can bend the metal back down the liner has gripped the metal so hard im afraid of trying to pound the metal for fear of cutting the liner. So I guess im going to have to patch the hole, when it comes. How is that done? Do you have to drain the water?

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: In ground pool has pool drain cover plate trying to poke through the liner

Welcome to the Forum!

Your best route might be to put a couple preemptive patches on the area. (I'm toying with a thought about padding under the patch, but I'm not sure it would work - it's in the 'theory' stage right now). Info on applying a patch is here - try a search - I know I've given the advice before, if you have trouble finding it, let me know and I'll link up some threads to look at.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread