+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with liner pulling apart and a leaky filter

Default Help with liner pulling apart and a leaky filter

hello, i have a question regarding the liner and the pool filter...roughly at the end of march, my wife and i had a new liner put in our in-ground pool...we had to replace the liner, the skimmer, and install a new turning part on the filter (not sure what that's called)...the filter has been leaking on backwash, rinse, and waste since it was installed and the liner has pulled apart twice...the first time the liner pulled apart, he fixed it but he did not fix the filter...now the liner is pulling apart in three places and the filter is still leaking...i called him two weeks ago to fix this and he has yet to do it...and he even got an attitude with me about why the liner is pulling apart and basically making it out like he fixed the leak in the filter by saying "it's leaking again?"...however, he never fixed the leak to begin with (he has know about the leak since the installation) and he continues saying that as long as it's not leaking on filter, it's fine..also, we were told when we first went to the pool company that we would receive a copy of the liner warranty…we have yet to receive one…could anyone please inform us if a liner pulling apart after only two months of being installed is normal and any information regarding leaks in filters...we are unsure as of what to do at this point...any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks so much!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Help with liner pulling apart and a leaky filter

Don't let them off the hook. If this has been happening since install, it is their responsibility to take care of it. Perhaps suggesting that your local Better Business Bureau might like to know about their practices will encourage them to get on the stick and take care of this problem for you. (I'd probably still contact the BBB to alert them to the problems even if they do finally fix it for you to alleviate another future customer from having the same problem.)

Good luck.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Help with liner pulling apart and a leaky filter

Welcome to the forum.
    Is that valve that is leaking on top of the filter? Is it a sand filter? If so then it is what is called a multi-port valve. Just exactly where is it leaking? Could be any number of leak points so answering the questions will let us give specific advice. As for the liner, anything like you say should not be happening. Maybe 10 years or so later but not after a couple months. Keep after the installer. Keep records of phone calls and any correspondence.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread