+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unluck with Pool Cleaning

Default Unluck with Pool Cleaning

Hi. I've been having cleaning the pool as a chore and would like to know a few things. First up, how much is it recommended to vacuum your pool every week? When is it too much. Now that it's summer my mother has been making me vacuum the pool every day, and sometimes even twice a day, and just yesterday, the vacuum broke. I had the same predicament last year where my mom made me vacuum the pool a little too much. Now the plastic on the vacuum's holster (The two tabs that keep the holder attached to the vacuum) broke off the vacuum and I'm wondering, what's the best vacuum for those who are forced to do it more than you should? What vacuum is the sturdiest and is well priced? Also I would like it to be a manual vacuum as well. Thanks.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Unluck with Pool Cleaning

Well, hi, Twinkie;

You could have it worse, you know. You could be my son . . . and have to vacuum a 200,000 gallon pool at 6:15am every Thursday or Friday for little or no pay, and then go to swim practice, and THEN cycle 10 miles home. Seriously. Here are the pools he has to do: Google Map

My preference on vacuum heads for a small pool would be this the Rainbow 14" ProVac, like this one; my son uses the 22" model for his 'little' pool. I didn't check shipping, but at least before shipping the $54 I saw for that head is an excellent price. If you have good suction, you can vacuum a pool very quickly with that head.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-21-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Unluck with Pool Cleaning

Now, fess up, Twinkie, did YOU break that vacuum so Mom couldn't make you vacuum anymore??? Just kidding.

I don't have any specific recommendations for which to buy but I have to agree with you that maybe vacuuming every day might not be necessary. I'd say maybe every other day might be more typical but it depends on your environment. Maybe you could go swimming more which could help keep the pool cleaner. As soon as you get in the pool and start stirring things up, not only can you not see all the dirt on the floor but it also gets the dirt stirred up and into suspension so the filter can capture it.

Sorry I couldn't give any specific recommendations for what to buy; maybe somebody else will come along soon who has something for you. But .... maybe I did give you an idea that might help alleviate your problem of having to do this chore so often. (wink, wink) Go swimming more!

Welcome to you and glad to have you here on the forum!

EDIT --- I see that Ben posted while I was typing and gave you some recommendations of what to buy. So, now you have the best of both. The best vac head to buy and the best way to keep from having to do it so often! (BTW --- I have 3 boys of my own and I know they would love to have someone give them some little "ideas" of ways to make less work for them!)

+ Reply to Thread