+ Reply to Thread

Thread: POOL ROVER.. timer malfunction

Default POOL ROVER.. timer malfunction

I have a POOL ROVER robotic pool vacuum. Its used in our 24ft AG round pool. Been pretty happy with the vacuum.

Last year.. I noticed that the timer seemed to be not working properly. The dial has settings in seconds. I usually have it set at about 30secs.. that allows the ROVER to get from one side of the pool to the other. I first noticed that the actual time was not reflecting the setting on the dial. I would set it for 30 secs.., it would reverse in 20 sec,.. etc. Last year.. the problem seemed to eventually correct its self.. But then this year.. same problem.. but it isnt correcting. I should be able to set the time for up to 60 sec or so.. but now I have it turned all the over to 60.. and it revereses in about 25.

Anyone have similar problem.. or know how to fix it?
    Swimming pool.. or camper? Swimming pool.. or camper? ...what the heck.. buy both.

Default Re: POOL ROVER.. timer malfunction

Quote Originally Posted by chuck9997 View Post
    I have a POOL ROVER robotic pool vacuum. Its used in our 24ft AG round pool. Been pretty happy with the vacuum.

Last year.. I noticed that the timer seemed to be not working properly. The dial has settings in seconds. I usually have it set at about 30secs.. that allows the ROVER to get from one side of the pool to the other. I first noticed that the actual time was not reflecting the setting on the dial. I would set it for 30 secs.., it would reverse in 20 sec,.. etc. Last year.. the problem seemed to eventually correct its self.. But then this year.. same problem.. but it isnt correcting. I should be able to set the time for up to 60 sec or so.. but now I have it turned all the over to 60.. and it revereses in about 25.

Anyone have similar problem.. or know how to fix it?
    I have another thread below about the rover! I am looking at the pool rover jr for my 24' round. How does the Rover do as far as cleaning? Would you recommend it. Do you also feel that the Pool Rover is the right model for a 24' round pool? I contacted the company and they said that the pool Rover is recommended for above ground pools that have deeper slopes and oval above grounds with deep ends! They said for a flat bottom round pool, that I should get the Pool Rover Jr. What do you think? Thanks

Since posting this comment.. My POOL ROVER is actually working correctly now. It kind of bothers me that the timer seems to need to get "warmed up" before it works right.

Anyway.. when the timer is working properly.. I love it. I usually put it in the pool in the early morning.. on a day when I wanna use the pool. Especially if we are having guests. After just a couple of hours.. the floor is very clean. I am guessing that in that 2 hrs it is sucking up.. and also stirring up some of the debris.. but anyway the pool looks great. for a real good cleaning I woould put it in and let it run for several hours.. maybe over night.

At the start of the season my pool has a lot of junk in it.. I usually vacuum manually to waste then.

Its some of the best $$ I have spent on my pool. I reccomend the POOL ROVER. But.. I still sometimes enjoy just getting in and using the manual vacuum.. kinda relaxing work
    Swimming pool.. or camper? Swimming pool.. or camper? ...what the heck.. buy both.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck9997 View Post
    Since posting this comment.. My POOL ROVER is actually working correctly now. It kind of bothers me that the timer seems to need to get "warmed up" before it works right.

Anyway.. when the timer is working properly.. I love it. I usually put it in the pool in the early morning.. on a day when I wanna use the pool. Especially if we are having guests. After just a couple of hours.. the floor is very clean. I am guessing that in that 2 hrs it is sucking up.. and also stirring up some of the debris.. but anyway the pool looks great. for a real good cleaning I woould put it in and let it run for several hours.. maybe over night.

At the start of the season my pool has a lot of junk in it.. I usually vacuum manually to waste then.

Its some of the best $$ I have spent on my pool. I reccomend the POOL ROVER. But.. I still sometimes enjoy just getting in and using the manual vacuum.. kinda relaxing work
    What I want to know, is why you bought the Pool Rover vs the Pool Rover JR? I can see what you mean about vacuuming manually, it is enjoyable work, but it is never ending for me, I need a machine that can do this and do it right! I am taking time with this purchase and I am prepared to spend the money if I have to! I have been looking at another aswell, I think it is a Barracuda MX8! looks like a good cleaner except it is a bit pricier than the Pool Rover JR.

+ Reply to Thread