+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needing a pool professional to travel to Canada

Default Needing a pool professional to travel to Canada

Hello, i have been reading many of the posts here and a lot of people seem to be in the same dilemma, needing someone to repair there pool problems professionally, well add me to the list. The pool company that installed our pool 6 years ago have become like most other businesses locally, useless. Here is my problem, i will try to make this short, on pool opening this year i found that one of the skimmer lines was sucking air plus sand into the pump, could not get any suction with the suspect skimmer on. I also found out that with the pool circulating, overnight that the water had dropped 4". Called the pool company, they did a pressure test, and found return line leaking, plus a skimmer line. Brought in a person with a scope to inspect the lines, but could not find the issues. Brought in another person, wih a longer seesnake with a locater, but left before i could see what the problem was. So after all this they are not sure about where the leaks are and it sound like they don't know what to do about it. There is a lot more to this story then i have mentioned. I have some pictures of a problem that i have found, myself with a scope, but for some reason i cannot attatch pictures yet. I guess what i am looking for is an experienced pool company to travel to western canada, to diagnose the problem and repair it. Anyone interested?
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-18-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: fix title

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Needing a pool professional to travel to Canada

Had to debate a little bit about posting this.

We normally don't allow people to buy or sell on the forum, but I decided to let this one by. However, I would caution you that importing contractors is a tricky business, at both ends.

I once did some work for a small very exclusive condo association about 300 miles from here, and ended up being provided with an on-call Cessna 172 to use as a ferry, since the work was going on during my local busy season, and I couldn't spend multiple days there. It was quite an experience for a number of reasons and posed some very intriguing engineering problems, mostly due to the fact that the pool was on a lake's edge with the condo built around it, cutting off land access.

But . . . it didn't work out well. I ended up losing about $10,000 when the board president, who wanted the work done, ended his term and was replaced by an indecisive successor who wanted to make everyone happy, including several residents who didn't use the pool and didn't want to spend money on it.

When a job goes bad, everyone gets hurt and no one really wins. And remote speculative jobs ("Can you find what's wrong here?") are particularly risky.

That said, if you want to continue, I'll allow it. Send me your pics to poolforum AT gmail DOT com, and I'll post them. If you want contractors to contact you, you'll need to post your email address as well.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread