+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 700 Relay Issues, 190/171

Default Jandy Aquapure 700 Relay Issues, 190/171

Old topic for history of my saga.
    http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/in...howtopic=29958

Here is what I have done.

Replaced the relay It ran for 4 hours or so and finally spit out the 190 error again. If I clear the code I get a 171 ( board service ). The manual does say I will get 171's if I get 190's. Seem this was triggered during cell reversing as the reversing light came on.

I took the board and checked it for issues but I dont feel there is any harm to the board, not much on there I dont have in my electronic inventory. I tried the pool voltage test labeled on the back of the front board, all voltages are good. I used the test button checks and all vales are a bit low. 2.8 gpl was 2.7, 75 f was 74, 91 f was 91. Guessing that is all fine. The flow censor is brand new and there is only one way to put it in.

The test pdf Says "reset the internal computer" ( do this by resetting the unit ) after the tests above are done. How do you do that, turn it off? If so that has been done many times.

About the relay.

I replaced the replay, the old relay was not welded shut. The new relay is in place and all solder points have been checked. What else could cause this?

Any ideas why I still get the 190/171 ?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Jandy Aquapure 700 Relay Issues, 190/171

This really sounds like a question better posed to a Jandy service agent. Few if any pool owners will have that level of tech knowledge about a specific SWCG unit, and pool service guys won't either, unless they've had to service that brand. Personally, I've never even been hands-on with that model.

You're welcome to try, and maybe PoolSean can point you in the right direction, but don't hold your breath waiting for an answer.

Hi PoolDoc, I tend to agree with you. I know if I have a pool guy look at this he will tell me to buy a new unit, or swap out the board( if he know how to do that ). I do have an electronic background and think I can fix it but I need to know the basic stuff. 9 times out of 10 I fix my issue just talk talking to someone in the field.

I'm have acquire the knowledge to full test the relay, in an electronic sense its simple. Its a double pull double trough. Meaning 25 volts in on the first pair of leads. The relay then sends to the second or third pair. So I metered the input.
    X Cell on
    X flow
    0 cell reversing
    25 volts to cell

O Cell on
    X flow
    X cell reversing
    no voltage.

So I check the relay and it has no voltage going in to it when in cell reversing. So is there a
    x Cell on
    X flow
    X cell reversing
    Mode? Does "cell reversing" assume the cell is on? If so I'm sunk ( no pun intended )!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

No response from Jandy but I figure it out. Cell was installed in the reversed direction.

+ Reply to Thread