+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward pump/filter with intex hoses

Default Hayward pump/filter with intex hoses

I recently purchased a Hayward pump/filter (VL series) for my Intex 20 ft pool. I haven't been able to get it set up correctly. I have the hoses that came with my intex pump that I'm trying to use. Is the possible??

We keep getting air in the pump and having low flow. The pressure gauge is only reading about 2 psi when we run it in filter mode. I'm not sure what to do. I don't have any experience with a sand pump/filter.

Default Re: Hayward pump/filter with intex hoses

I have had a few Intex pools and have hooked mine up to a Hayward pump as well. In my experience it depends on the fittings that your Intex pool comes with. One of mine was 1 1/4 I believe and one of the other Intex pools I had came with a skimmer cut out and a wired skimmer basket that attached to the side of the pool. That one was the worst because I had to cut a 1 1/2 hole in the bottom out of the skimmer basket and glue a 1 1/2 PVC fitting in it so I could hook up the lines to the pump (the pump is plumbed for 1 1/2 fittings). I have always hard plumbed all of my pools to the pump and filter. So my suggestion is find out what size fitting comes with your pool and hook it up with PVC fittings and pipe from there. I also have put in ball valves in the line. One right out of the intake or suction and the other in the return . Also if you go all PVC I would suggest using unions by the pump and filter so you can take the pump or filter out if you have to. The current Intex pool I have has 2 inch threaded fittings coming out of the pool so i just had to go from 2 inch down to 1 1/2.

I now all that sounds confusing.......its had to explain over a computer. Maybe someone that is better than me at typing these things out can chime in.

Default Re: Hayward pump/filter with intex hoses

here's what I used....

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...ught-I-d-share)

They come with "2" connectors in a package. (ask how I know.....ya, I ordered two on accident)

The intex threads are not standard, so even if you need to go a bit smaller you won't be able to use regular pvc fittings.... If you get these you can hook up to any standard pvc after that.

+ Reply to Thread