+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which SaltWater Chlorinator

Default Which SaltWater Chlorinator

I know there was LOADS of info on these things before the crash but now we seem to be starting from scratch.

Anyway, Which one of these seem to be the best? And what exactly should I be looking for once I start shopping for one?

Anyone have any negatives they have run into from using one?
    27ft. Round AG Pool

SJohnson is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst SJohnson 0

The top two seem to be:

1. AutoPilot - http://www.autopilot.com
    2. AquaRite, by Goldline/Haward - http://www.goldlinecontrols.com

The Autopilot automatically adjusts the chlorine output based on water temps, while the AquaRite doesn't. Otherwise, they seem pretty similar. I just researched all of this recently and ended up going with the AquaRite, since I was already getting the AquaLogic control system. I probably would have gone with the AutoPilot, had I not been getting Goldline's controller, already.

From what I've read, you typically need to add more acid to keep your ph in check as the SWG's raise ph a little . . . Other than that, I've read nothing but good things about them. Most people say that it takes them as close to a maintenance free pool as possible. Actually AutoPilot has a new system, the Total Control System that incorporates an automatic acid resevoir into the mix, so you don't have to add acid manually. Haven't heard much about this as it's brand new . . . I heard about it from one of the companies I got quotes from. Priced at $1200 w/ a pool contract.

Sean, the autopilot and SWG expert on this forum, should probably chime in soon . . . Can't beat the PoolForum!!! Thanks again to Ben and all the other experts here.

-SJohnson
    Last edited by SJohnson; 03-26-2006 at 10:48 PM.

I have Aqua Logic PS8 control system and TurboCell salt generator in service for 10 months installed by pool builder with zero problem.

Wanted the rechargeable wireless remote but pool builder wanted too much $$$ so I ordered myself from www.h2opoolproducts.com with wireless base station and wireless water-resistant hockey puck for beside spa as too many people seem to have problems with hardwired spa buttons. Builder said it was cheaper than he could get it here in Texas . . . . have fun . . .

SJohnson is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst SJohnson 0

Another thing. I bought AquaRite cell and flow sensor on ebay for around $400. Again, that's all I needed since I was paying for the AquaLogic controls already. There are some good deals on these if you hunt for them . . .

SJohnson

I've got the aquarite. Installed it myself, works great, no problems. I didn't see the need for the extra bells 'n whistles of the autopilot, and I've had no problem setting and maintaing a good Cl level, even in the trying climate of the Houston, TX area.

Michael

Default Above Ground Issues

We have the Watermaid on our 13k gunite and love it. However no one has addressed the corrision issue on an aboveground pool. You have a lot of steel to be considered. I would check your pools warranty.

just a thought,

Tha Beerman

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

I also have the aqualogic and am pretty happy with it. The aqualogic also has a built in controller so you get the full controller and SWG in one unit.

Mark

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

I have the Auqalogic PS-8 and I love it! It not only generates chlorine but it controls my filter pump, water features, heat pump, spa blower, spa and pool lights. spa and pool valves, and my fiber optics for the water features. I have the wireless table top remote and the floating spa remote. My pool contractor recommended it. If I didn't want the automation he said the Autopilot did offer some more bells and whistles but both were excellent units. I have no regrets about choosing the Aqualogic!

Thumbs up

WHEW....finally back! Hello friends.
    I think the replies are there...though sadly, not enough AutoPilot users. Aquarite makes a good system. It's really all a matter of what you are looking for. Sure AutoPilot offers a bit more bells and whistles, but all in all, the views of this forum are fairly neutral for both systems.

This new format sure is weird and will take some getting use to. But sure am glad it's back in operation.
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Poolsean
    WHEW....finally back! Hello friends.
    I think the replies are there...though sadly, not enough AutoPilot users. Aquarite makes a good system. It's really all a matter of what you are looking for. Sure AutoPilot offers a bit more bells and whistles, but all in all, the views of this forum are fairly neutral for both systems.

This new format sure is weird and will take some getting use to. But sure am glad it's back in operation.
    I do have to say that if I had not opted for automation I would have chosen the Autopilot becuase of some of it's features lacking in the Aquarite and Aqualogic.

+ Reply to Thread