+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DE filter Tank- older model- New to forums- appreciate the help..

Default DE filter Tank- older model- New to forums- appreciate the help..

Hello,
    I was hoping for some advice, I have an older DE filter tank with a bottom load manifold. It contains 8 filter grids about 36 inches tall each. I would like to know the safest method for opening the tank. Sometimes after removing the harness/brace the lid gets stuck from the pressure, I release the pressure first by opening the bleed valve but lid still sticks.
    Thank you in advance for your time...
    Bella

BTW, since some folks are new to forums, using BIG RED BOLD LETTERS is quite intimidating, when sending "advice" on how to use this communication method.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: DE filter Tank- older model- New to forums- appreciate the help..

Hi Bella and welcome to the forum! I am not the DE filter expert, so I'll let someone else help you with your problem. I just wanted to say hello and thank you for becoming a subscriber. We appreciate it and it helps keep the forum online.

Regarding the red bold letters --- Sometimes when using pool chemicals, hazardous conditions can present themselves and using big, red, bold letters make sure that the reader doesn't miss the information that might prevent them from having a dangerous situation on their hands.

Default Re: DE filter Tank- older model- New to forums- appreciate the help..

Hey Bella, do you have the type with a round metal ring bracket that uses two brass threaded nuts with compression springs?

If it’s like mine, that top is sometimes a bear to get off. Remove the bracket. then I use a flat head screwdriver, one with a wide driver and I don’t pry the lid with an up and down motion, I turn the screwdriver enough to break the top free. You might have to do this in a couple spots to get it off.

Just make sure the pressure is at 0. Open the bleed valve on top to release any pressure.

Here is a picture of mine.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...terSpring2.jpg
    Circa 1980 IG, VL, 36K Gal, DE, Chlorine

+ Reply to Thread