+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non-chemical or natural swimming pools

Red face Non-chemical or natural swimming pools

I just bought a new pool and I would like to know what type of non-chemical solutions that I can put in a 4000 gal pool.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: mouseehouse

Hi mouseehouse and welcome to the Pool Forum! Go to our sister site which is www.poolsolutions.com and read. Especially the parts about the "BBB Method." Also read the sections here on the forum about BBB. Then, come back and ask away and we will be glad to help you get your pool up and running.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: mouseehouse

I found your thread, while doing forum housekeeping.

In one sense, non-chemical pools are an illusion, because even water is a chemical -- dihydrogen oxide is a perfectly legitimate name for water.

But there is a slowly growing trend, mostly in Europe, of "natural pools". Essentially, most of these utilize a managed 'swamp' to purify the pool water the same way a real swamp would. Some of the pools are very beautiful, if probably very expensive. But I've posted a picture gallery here:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?14427

There are links in the post to two reputable companies building such pools. One of those companies has representatives in the US, so you can contact them if you like.

Default Re: Non-chemical or natural swimming pools

I think they are call ponds?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Non-chemical or natural swimming pools

Well, in one sense they are -- but look at the thread: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?14427

Those aren't aren't like the muddy cow ponds I grew up with, filled with bull frogs, snapping turtles, catfish and pooping cows! Even when I was a kid, I didn't care to swim in those.

On the other hand, I'm planning to call the guys at those companies, and ask. I suspect that those pools wouldn't work that way, if they were transplanted to hot climates like ours.

+ Reply to Thread