+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Vac problems

Default Pool Vac problems

Any suggestions for a new one or fix the old one?
    Had a EZ Vac but the large rubber fin like seal only lasted about 2 years and was a little expensive to replace so stopped using since had a ladder problem.
    Whenever I used the vac I had to remove the ladder since the hose would get stuck behind ladder.

Also what do you thing if I add a extra return eye fitting as another supply back to pump on the oposite side of ladder. And use this to plug a cleaner into but I could shorten the hose so it does not quite reach the ladder. Have a 3/4 hp pump on a 18 ft round AG pool. Dont know if I would have enough suction to run skimmer and the cleaner at same time.

Thanks

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Default Re: Pool Vac problems

If you are still interested in using a suction side cleaner, the Lil Shark (by Sta Rite) is considered a "low flow" cleaner so it works well without requiring booster pump or higher power. It has only one moving part and does a pretty darn good job, but it will also have issues getting behind the ladder as it wants to follow the wall contour. I believe they are less than $150 - the Polaris 65 is a pressure side cleaner with the bag and can be purchased online for $195 - lots of good things said about those.
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Default Re: Pool Vac problems

Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    If you are still interested in using a suction side cleaner, the Lil Shark (by Sta Rite) is considered a "low flow" cleaner so it works well without requiring booster pump or higher power. It has only one moving part and does a pretty darn good job, but it will also have issues getting behind the ladder as it wants to follow the wall contour. I believe they are less than $150 - the Polaris 65 is a pressure side cleaner with the bag and can be purchased online for $195 - lots of good things said about those.
    Really just want the best cleaner for the money longterm. EZ vac did a good job just did not last.
    Would pressure side cleaner be better? I just thought a suction would be better with no bag to empty but I only have used the EZ vac so appreciate any and all suggestions. If I use a pressure side should I add a seperate return?

Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread