When we opened out automatic cover this year, we saw pink algae and white slime everywhere which I learned online is white water mold. The pool is also very milky. My pool store person has directed me to add phosphate remover, clean daily and shock after the 3rd day. I've done this twice now. Also, the 1st time she had me put in a bottle of copper algaecide. The water is still very milky and the walls are still covered in white mold and the pool won't hold the chlorine I have put in. The chlorinator s filled as well. And of course, after each cleaning, I do backwash and rinse. When I originally asked about the while "goo", my pool person didn't know what it was. Now I'm concerned that I've just dumped several hundred dollars into the pool without addressing the real problem. I've read on several posts that I need a polymer or silver algeacide to kill the bacteria. Can someone help me and advise what I really should be doing to clear my pool? It's 92 degrees here today and we want to swim! Thank you!