+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auquarite control panel location?

Default Auquarite control panel location?

I am about to get an Aquarite SWCG system.

I have a screened porch about 60 feet (and around a corner) from the pump/filter cluster. I'd like to put the control panel in the porch for several reasons (gfci already present, indicators will be easier to see than if I have to walk down to the filter every time, etc.).

The installers say the CP has to go within reach of the provided 15' cable. Is there a compelling reason not to simply make an extension? I can probably buy male and female connectors to match online, and I'm completely comfortable making cables/cords for automation systems, computers, whatever.

Why not locate the CP where I can see it to tell if the yellow lights come on?

James
    27K IG gunite, sand filter
    27K IG gunite, sand filter.
    Not a pool newby, but new to caring about and for it myself. No spa, no waterfall, no water features. Just water.

Default Re: Auquarite control panel location?

bump?678910
    27K IG gunite, sand filter.
    Not a pool newby, but new to caring about and for it myself. No spa, no waterfall, no water features. Just water.

Default Re: Auquarite control panel location?

There's really two cables, one for the cell its-self and another for the flow sensor. The flow sensor would be easy to extend as it uses standard rj11 "phone jack" connectors, but the cell cable looks to be some odd proprietary type connector. Also, the cell is monitored by the box based upon it's electrical characteristics (resistance, current flow etc). It's possible that extending the cable could change the characteristics enough to throw things off. My guess is that it would work but probably would shorten cell life or possibly damage the control board over time.

Have you considered contacting aqua rite/goldline (now Hayward) and asking? 1-888-921-7665

Cable Plug end photo: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../aquarite1.jpg
    Cable receptacle photo: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../aquarite2.jpg
    Last edited by kelemvor; 06-06-2011 at 10:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread