Hi first time poster here. (Bet this place is just crawling with newbies this time of year eh?) So anyway, here’s my too long story; My wife and daughter always want a pool come this time of year (well, and me too.), and I was once again leaning toward the donut type or similar pool. Ease of assembly and price was, of course, what steered me that direction. Then I had the fortune, or made the mistake of (not sure yet) of going on craigslist and searching "pools". Well after looking around a bit, I see an ad titled "Best deal in town on pool" I figure it's an advertisement from a local dealer or some such but click on it anyway. Not the case at all. Instead, it was a guy with a 27 foot dia. 52 inch deep AG pool, Jacuzzi sand filter, with a 4 foot wide deck all the way around it, with an attached 16X12 foot sitting area deck as well, handrailing and lattice all around. Just a beautiful construction, and he was asking not much more than the cost of the biggest Wal-Mart pool I had looked at earlier that day for the whole shebang! Owner is a family man with wife and two teenaged sons, who are never home any more and he’s tired of messing with it so he decided to just get rid of it. I looked it over and the thing looks brand new! The decking is a bit weathered, but not bad, and nothing a good weather treatment won’t cure. Because it’s a gigantic, intimidating amount of work to tear it down and move it, he made dang sure the price he asked would attract someone not afraid of a considerable amount of hard work to get an unbelievable deal. He was motivated by seeing it gone more than making some money, which is my good luck (or maybe my curse, time will tell!)He's even throwing in 6 resin deck chairs, patio umbrella, spare, brand new 1 1/2 hp. pump, and left over chlorine/other chemicals.

Well, I am not afraid of hard work. Not this kind anyway, I enjoy it actually and am pretty handy with tools. I am also a structural designer so putting this thing back together shouldn't be too tough a challenge. I started breaking the deck down last weekend and am about half way done with that part of the job. This is gonna take time, but I will get there. Now, I have about 237 questions, but that’s less than I had before finding this forum. What a terrific resource for all things pool. However, I will limit my first post to one question/concern. I am wondering what I can expect as far as moving the actual pool, especially the liner. The owner said it was a beaded liner. It a Vogue brand pool (if that matters). I just wonder how difficult removing it and reinstalling it will be. I REALLY want to avoid having to buy a new liner if possible. This one is only a few years old and looks in perfect condition. Does anyone have any tips, comments, or potential concerns I should be aware of during the take down/ relocation aspect of this job?

Once I get the pool on my property and start setting up I will then post question number 2, 3, 4 etc. of 237, RE: iron in my well water, leveling, filtration... (actually I have already learned much about these things by just reading post after post. For that I thank you all.