+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: bleach calc

Default Re: bleach calc

I've downloaded it a few times now from a few diff browsers, and still can't run the program on Windows 8 or 8.1 OS ... I keep getting the same "Unexpected Error" message.

Does the Bleach Calculator happen exist anywhere in table format?

(If not, I can just pull out my regular calculator lol)
    34' ~17,000 gal IG plaster pool, 1 hp 1 spd Utilitech 0313509 pump, currently running Pentair StaRite PosiFlow cartridge filter, upgrading to Hayward DE3600 DE filter

Lightbulb Re: bleach calc

Use this link: http://poolcalculator.com/index-classic.html

I would not use in IE only because I don't know if they have all of their bugs fixed as of yet. I'm personally using Chrome and it's working just fine. When I initially began using this calculator I was entering my pool gallons using a comma (ie 13,600). I finally realized this was my problem all along. DON'T use the comma!

Set up your ranges at the bottom of the calculator using 'Traditional Pool', etc. Make sure you enter the percentage of bleach you are using (6%, 8.25%). Also don't forget to enter the pool temp if you know it.

Enter what your test results are in the 'now' column, and what you want them to be in the 'target' column. If using liquid bleach it will give results in ounces. However, if you hover your mouse over the ounces it will give you gallons , quarts, cups; etc. in the field just above it.

IMPORTANT!! A jug of 8.25% liquid bleach is NOT a gallon. It equals approximately 3 quarts and 3 cups. Shout out to Pool Doc for reiterating that as I would have forgotten!

Hope it all works out for you now. Pools are hard enough to keep up without having the added frustration of the darn calculator not working! Best of luck!
    Above ground Intex round 24' x 52", 13,600 gallons, Hayward VL Series sand filter and pump, Missouri resident

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

A 121 oz jug of bleach is approximately 0.95 gallons so use that when you are plugging in numbers in the calculator to figure out bleach doses.

(By the way, the link that amillionpets linked above is NOT the same calculator that is the one at the top of this thread and not the one that we use on the forum.)

Oh! I certainly did not realize that, Watermom. Sorry if I gave incorrect info. That's the one I've been using since I found this forum. Have you looked at that one? Is the one you recommend more reliable? I feel bad now for having told her that.
    Above ground Intex round 24' x 52", 13,600 gallons, Hayward VL Series sand filter and pump, Missouri resident

if you go to trouble free pools there is a formula using a liter bottle and 5 gallon bucket. If you go there you'll find it. I assume that's what you're looking for as you will be buying bleach from different sources. Dollar store, Mcfrugals etc. BTW Missouri's great...we have friends in Nixa, Springfield, and Rolla
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by amillionpets View Post
    Oh! I certainly did not realize that, Watermom. Sorry if I gave incorrect info. That's the one I've been using since I found this forum. Have you looked at that one? Is the one you recommend more reliable? I feel bad now for having told her that.
    It's fine. Some people aren't able to use the other one. Ben is aware of the problem with the one at the top of this thread but says it can't be fixed to work for everybody. He is working on a different one but it is not yet ready to post.

+ Reply to Thread