Closed Thread

Thread: Can You Hear Me Now?

SPitz Guest

Default Can You Hear Me Now?

When our PB came yesterday to get us started, he eventually got to the waterfall. At first, I was loving the rushing water down the rocks. My wife was in our home office upstairs when the waterfall was turned on and could hear it in the house. I really didn't think it was that bad, but then today, I had the waterfall on and realized that it was crazy loud. We were sitting on the deck about 5 feet from each other and could barely hear ourselves think. We had to keep raising our voices "Can you hear me now?" is what comes to mind.

So, my question is this. Is it possible to slow down the water in a way that it sounds more like a babbling brook as opposed to a raging river? I know water falls in general tend to be loud, but geesh...this thing is going to turn me deaf!! I'm wondering if a reducer type fitting on the end of the PVC would help a little bit.

Thoughts???

Steve

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

Default Re: Can You Hear Me Now?

How big a pump do you have running the falls? Can you have a smaller (lower HP) pump installed instead? Seems that that would be a better long term solution than a rducer as it would reduce power consmption as well as lowering the decible level.

BTW, I have serious case of envy toward you and your ultra-quick pool building experience.

Congratulations.

Closed Thread