+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intex Salt Water System for Larger Pools?

Hybrid View

Default Intex Salt Water System for Larger Pools?

Newbie to the site and have a quick question regarding the Intex Salt Water System. I bought the model 8110 last year at the end of the season and not sure if I can use it or not. I have a 27ft x 52"D above ground pool and currently using chlorine tabs in a float. The Intex box says the largest pool usage = 14364. My pool is probably 17k gallons or so.

I e-mailed intex and they told me that it should be used only in intex pools. I called, and was told that the largest pool would be 24' round.

I've read several posts on line and it sounds like others are using it in large pools, but I don't want to start adding salt in my pool if this won't work properly. Pool is still closed but I plan on opening it in the next week or so. Used winterizing chemicals to close the pool (Northeast) if I were to change to salt, do I have to do anything special to the existing pool water before adding?

Thanks

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Intex Salt Water System for Larger Pools?

I'm not the wiz on SWCGs, but I do know that if you push one beyond its rated capacity you shorten its life a lot. Intex says only for Intex pools because a) they don't have to warranty it for you and b) they may use different size fittings (Intex likes 1.25" plumbing rather than the standard 1.50" stuff).

Carl.
    Carl

Default Re: Intex Salt Water System for Larger Pools?

I have an Intex Salt Water System on my 24 foot pool and I only have to run the generator 2 hours a day to maintain 4-5FC level. I do keep a solar cover on the pool when not in use, so I don't lose as much FC to the sun.

+ Reply to Thread