+ Reply to Thread

Thread: k2006 test kit

Default k2006 test kit

so i'm looking to order this kit as recommended. how high clorine levels will this kit test? i'm hoping it will go higher than 5?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: k2006 test kit

oh, ok. just asking because as i was browsing some web sites to order, the specifics of the kit, said measures from 0.5 to 5 cl.

i looked in the amazon link, but as a moderator recommended to not order if not from amato industries as seller. the seller is general stores, i think. so who can i order from that will be reliable?

below is the description of the kit as stated on a google search. says it tests .5 to 5.0 ppm chlorine??

Description:A Complete Dpd Test Kit Designed For Service People, Commercial Pool Operators And Health Dept Officials Interested In Economy & Portability. Tests For Free & Total Chlorine (.5 - 5.0 Ppm) Bromine (1.0 - 10 Ppm), Ph (6.8-8.2), Acid Demand, Base Demand, Calcium Hardness, Total Alkalinity And Cyanuric Acid. Uses 3/4 Oz Reagents. Plus Titrants To Improve Accuracy.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I'd buy the K-2006C from the Amazon link which is sold by Amato Industries. It is the same kit as the 2006 but has larger quantities of some of the most often used reagents. The kit will test way higher than 5.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by fhorta View Post
    below is the description of the kit as stated on a google search. says it tests .5 to 5.0 ppm chlorine??

Description:A Complete Dpd Test Kit Designed For Service People, Commercial Pool Operators And Health Dept Officials Interested In Economy & Portability. Tests For Free & Total Chlorine (.5 - 5.0 Ppm) Bromine (1.0 - 10 Ppm), Ph (6.8-8.2), Acid Demand, Base Demand, Calcium Hardness, Total Alkalinity And Cyanuric Acid. Uses 3/4 Oz Reagents. Plus Titrants To Improve Accuracy.
    The kit you describe here is the K2005 not the K2006 recommended here. The difference is that the 2005 uses DPD which only measures up to 5 whiole the 2006 uses FAS DPD and can measure to ~ 50 ppm. (the FAS DPD is also a LOT easier to read)
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

If Amato Industries is out of them, you can also get the K2006 at this link https://shop.spspools-spas.com/Taylo...-and-Reagents/.

Price is $55.00 + shipping, which isn't bad....
    This is where I buy most of my replacement reagents, and I've found their prices to be competitive and have never had any trouble with them.

Janet
    Janet

Coral Springs, FL (SE Florida - near Fort Lauderdale)

Kind of a stupid question, but do the 2 oz bottles fit into the standard K2006 box?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Coral Springs, FL (SE Florida - near Fort Lauderdale)

Didn't think so. That would have made life easy. Thanks!
    ------------------------
    My pool:
    15x30 inground concrete pool w/spa in one corner overflowing into pool, all under screen enclosure
    Hayward C1200 StarClear Plus Cartridge Filter
    Jandy Laars LX400 propane heater w/120 gal above-ground tank
    Jandy AquaLink RS OneTouch controller w/PDA remotes and computer control
    JVAs control pool/spa switch and also allow drain opening
    Hayward Navigator

+ Reply to Thread