+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding Aquatrol RJ to AGP?

Default Adding Aquatrol RJ to AGP?

I am looking at adding an AquaTrol RJ to my 13k gallons AGP and I have a question about the control box.

My 2-speed pump is hard-wired, not plug type. It was my choice to do it that way when I installed it, but I like the idea of plugging it into the control box for the AquaTrol. I must still be tired this morning, but I am trying to think of a way to convert the pump to a plug type at the junction box under the deck. I have a junction box and the 20A outlet right above it. The junction box has the connection to the wiring going to the pump and the other wires pass through to the outlet above. Each is on a separate breaker.

Basically, I don't want to have to pull all the wire to the pump and re-wire it, if I can safely figure out a way to add a plug at the junction box end. I don't do things like a redneck, so it must be safe and professional looking. I leave the redneck stuff to my truck.

Default Re: Adding Aquatrol RJ to AGP?

I am so tired that I forgot that I don't have a junction box with the wiring to the pump. It is a master switch to remove power to the pump. Sorry for the confusion.

I figured out how to make it work with a twist lock receptable arrangement. However does anyone know if I am required to have the pump controlled by the AquaTrol control box? I would like to just leave the wiring alone and plug the control box into my existing outlet and have the pump controlled by me.

Since I recieved no replies, I thought I would follow up with what I have done so that others can benefit.

Installed an AquaTrol RJ with the straight plug. Since my pump is hard-wired, it isn't controlled by the AquaTrol controller. The timer on the controller still allows me to program when the unit is producing chlorine since I keep my pump on 24/7 on low speed. Got my water balanced with 7.5 Ph, 70 TA, 80 CYA, and salt at 3100 ppm. Works great so far, no complaints. Water is clear and no complaints from the kids from stinging eyes or dried out hair. Still too cold for adults, but I look forward to trying it out.

How did your Aquatrol system work last summer? I am considering one for my new pool.

+ Reply to Thread