+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Navigator slow... already replaced some parts

Default Hayward Navigator slow... already replaced some parts

I have a Hayward Navigator which is moving slowly. I've replaced the rubber feet, the wings and the flaps, however the pods are pretty well worn down. I didn't think that those would really slow the movement, but I wanted to check with someone who knows what they're doing before I buy anything else. I recently had to replace the board in my pools control panel, and the pool guy replaced some parts inside the vacuum, he said he replaced some bearings and a couple other parts. Either way, I'm already down $750 and would like to minimize any more cost if I can.

There seems to be good suction, the feet are moving, turbine is spinning, but normally with the way my valves are now, this thing should be climbing the walls.

Any advice would be appreciated!

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Hayward Navigator slow... already replaced some parts

I don't know about the Navigator, but I know my Polaris is very, very slow in water temps below 65 or so. Just something to consider...

Janet
    Janet

SalemCastles Guest

Default Re: Hayward Navigator slow... already replaced some parts

I have a navigator and find it slow when there is low flow through it. This can be caused by either a restriction within the navigator itself or when my filter becomes dirty and needs back flushing. There is a single phillips screw on the bottom of the unit where you can take it apart to clean out any obstructions. There is also a three position selector on the left rear side of the unit just under the main body that controls the height it will climb up the walls. The default is position 2 but I've fooled around with mine and like 3 better (seems to effect the speed). The manual says if it climbs out of the water and sucks air then move it to position one. The manual is available on Hayward site or I can email it to you if you have trouble finding it.

Glenn in rainy Toronto

+ Reply to Thread