+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hayward filter

Sue225 is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst Sue225 0

Default hayward filter

I have a question. Why are we not getting any flow from return to pool. Backwash works fine there is definitely not a problem with pump as when we take off the hose from filter and turn on the pump the water pumps very well through the hose. Filter was bought in august last summer was used for 1 month before we closed the pool. The pressure valve looks like it is crooked. we cannot get a pressure reading from it or there is no pressure. Sand is from last summer. Any ideas??
    We need to get chlorine in the pool ASAP finished filling last night. Could i dilute bleach and throw in the pool? Appreciate your feedback

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: hayward filter

Sounds like you have a broken pressure gauge, can you feel water coming through the return when the pump is running? If yes, it's just a bad gauge.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

No I can feel no pressure in the returnwhen the pump is running. Water is not returning to pool!
    Last edited by Sue225; 05-08-2011 at 01:07 AM.

madwil is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver madwil 0

sounds like a clog or stuck valve...

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Is there possibly a valve on the return side that is closed? Or a plug in the return that wasn't removed on opening the pool? (I'm assuming that this is an AG pool)
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Could you believe that the people who replaced our liner connected all the equipment and they left the winterizing plug in the eye? Problem solved!

Thumbs up Re: hayward filter

Well, of course I believe that

I'm glad it was something quick and easy and that you now have an operational pool!
    Luv & Luk, Ted

+ Reply to Thread