+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photo resurrection - Baquacil conversion in summer 2004

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Photo resurrection - Baquacil conversion in summer 2004

I'm checking, but I believe this was originally posted by PF user "Gracie".

Confirmed! It was posted by Gracie, and I have permission to use the pics. I'll leave them here for awhile, and then move them to PoolSolutions on a page linked off the PHMB How-to. -ben

Jul 16, 2004 - Before Conversion - 10,000 gallons

Water had been cloudy off and on all summer. We had white mold in the lines that we hadn't been able to get rid of. The picture was taken the day we got it clear after running the pump for a week and floccing.

Generally it would stay clear for 2-3 days and then start to cloud again. I've had it with wasting money on stuff that doesn't work.

b

Saturday - early evening
    A picture 5 minutes after I finished pouring the bleach in the skimmer. I had the filter on recirculate so it wasn't going through the filter at this point.

Saturday - early evening
    About 2 hours after bleach was added. Water now going through filter. I can see the bottom step on the ladder, but not the bottom of the pool.

Sunday 4pm
    I added 3 bottles of 6% bleach at 6:30am since it was going to be cloudy until afternoon. The water was pretty clear (but still very green) this morning, but got cloudy as soon as the bleach it the water.

I can see the bottom of the pool!

Sunday 8:30pm
    I added 3 more bottles of bleach. The water only turned a little green this time. There is some dusty stuff setteling on the bottom. I've scrubbed the sides and bottom with the pole/brush to stir it up some. I brush the sides and bottome of the pool every day until it is clear.

Monday 7am
    I added 3 more bottles of bleach early this moring as the FC is non-existant. The water never changed colors when I added the bleach this time. THe water is pretty clear now. I backwashed the pump and the water looked like the color as mud. It was a solid color brown.

I hope to see the water starting to hold some FC over night soon.

Tuesday 7am
    I added 4 bottles of 6% chlorine Monday night. It was still in the pool this morning, though I couldn't tell exactly how high it was as diluting my test sample with distilled water just wasn't accurate. I'm not adding bleach this morning.

Water is blue but there is still a small tinge of green in it. It also looks 99% clear. I backwashed the filter and the water coming out was a little green and cloudy.

Will continue adding bleach for 2 more nights before adding stabilizer.

Wed 9am
    -I backwashed the filter last night and added some stabilizer into the skimmer. I also added 4 bottles of 6% bleach last night.

-Water is 100% clean, clear and sparkling blue.

-Chlorine stayed high overnight, so no need to add anymore bleach. My taylor kit won't measure high levels accurately. Now we'll just wait for the water to drop below 10ppm before swimming.

-PH is low, am adding Borax to raise it.

Friday,
    Beautiful, clear and sparkley!
    Conversion over.

**UPDATE**
    -I made this conversion 4 years ago. I'm still using bleach and have had no algae or cloudy water problems. I have no regret converting to bleach.

I was going to add an updated picture, but nothing has changed except the color of the deck.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 05-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Photo resurrection - Baquacil conversion in summer 2004

Just a comment. We have helped numerous people through the years convert their pools from "Baquagoop" to chlorine and we have never once had anyone regret it. Time and time again, people tell us they wish they had converted sooner!

+ Reply to Thread