+ Reply to Thread

Thread: regarding auto fill

Default regarding auto fill

I'm not sure how to explain this, but... inground pool has auto fill, there is a sleeve in the pool decking with a water valve (like in a toilet tank) to automatically turn the water on when the level drops below a certain level. It works fine, the problem I have is that the top of the valve has the tendency to rest against the side of the sleeve which causes a loud vibration that I can hear in the house, mostly at night while trying to sleep (pool is outside bedroom). I tried putting a piece of sponge between valve and sleeve, but that only works for a little while. I've tried moving it around a little, and that also works for a little while. Has anyone else had this problem or know how I can fix it?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: regarding auto fill

take some pictures, send them to me (poolforum AT gmail DOT com) and let me post them, so folks can see a little more clearly what you are talking about.

Ben

ok thanks pics on way

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

your pics:

You can probably go to Lowes and get some red rubber gasket material (in plumbing) and some rubber cement, and fix it. Cut a pieced of the gasket material and glue it to the inside of the 6" PVC between the pipe wall and the feeder.

OR

If there's enough room, and if the bottom connection is 3/4" female pipe thread, you might can fit a Fluidmaster brand float valve in there. (Plumbing, again.)

OR

Maybe if you remove the actuator (turn off the water to it first) and examine it, you'll find it will work just fine with 1/4" of stuff removed from the side that impinges against the interior pipe wall.

Ben

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Or you can replace it with a portable one. They are L-shaped and hang over the side of the pool, and work just like a toilet tank filler.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread