+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electrical SWG

Default Electrical SWG

I have just installed a 24' 54" AGP. OF course I didn't find this fourm untill after I bought it . I got a hayward cartridge filter and 1.5 HP pump with an inline metal(silver)/chlorinator. My question is I ran a 20 amp GFI line for the pump. If I decide to switch to a Aqua Troll SWG (only metal parts on pool is the wall so I'm not to worried about corrosion) will I need to run another line for the SWG or wi;; the 20 amp handle both? Already have the yard tore up so if I have to I might as well do it now. I live in Cincinnati Ohio will a SWG work well in my area?

Thanks
    Jeff

PatL34 is offline Lifetime Member Widget Weaver PatL34 2 stars PatL34 2 stars

Default Re: Electrical SWG

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery
    I have just installed a 24' 54" AGP. OF course I didn't find this fourm untill after I bought it . I got a hayward cartridge filter and 1.5 HP pump with an inline metal(silver)/chlorinator. My question is I ran a 20 amp GFI line for the pump. If I decide to switch to a Aqua Troll SWG (only metal parts on pool is the wall so I'm not to worried about corrosion) will I need to run another line for the SWG or wi;; the 20 amp handle both? Already have the yard tore up so if I have to I might as well do it now. I live in Cincinnati Ohio will a SWG work well in my area?

Thanks
    Jeff

Taking your last question first, a SWG will work anywhere so long as it stays within the manufacturer's temperature limits.

If the pump is a single phase supply derived supply, you should be Ok. A two-phase pump is even better. You do not need to run an extra line.

My 1.5 HP two-phase pump and SWG works of of a 10 amp breaker, and to my knowledge has never tripped out through overload.

Hope this helps.

Pat

+ Reply to Thread