+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what is your experience with slats?

henningdalgaard Guest

Question what is your experience with slats?

Hello

I am looking into a new pool cover. I like the safty features of slats.

I am looking at procopi (delta), bieri, pionier, mkt etc.
    Procopi seems to be cheaper than the rest but I don't know if they are sold in the us - maybe under a different name?

I also wonder what the slats look/feel like after a couple of years in the water? I see that polycarbonate slats are now available but they are twice the price at least. Are they worth the extra price?

Any slat owners in here who want to share their experiences?

Any comments are most welcome

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: what is your experience with slats?

The poster, hennigdalgaard, is asking about European style slatted pool covers, made with PVC or PC. I'm not sure if anyone is selling these in the USA, or not -- I wasn't even aware such things existed, till I checked out his post and registration to make sure he wasn't a spammer. (Spammers from Europe outnumber actually pool owner registrants, 5 to 1.)

To hennigdalgaard: as you see, I can't answer your question. I can tell you that I have some experience with white PVC pool components, and that experience is NOT good. PVC is not UV resistant, and while UV stabilizers can be added to PVC, in the components I've seen (mostly gutter grates), the grates failed after a few years. I don't know whether not enough stabilizer was added, or if it leached out, or if it simply doesn't work that well -- but the grates have to be constantly replaced. Gray PVC used in electrical conduit in the USA seems to hold up well enough, but then, it's gray, not white.

I don't know about the UV stability of PC.

PoolDoc

+ Reply to Thread