+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trees that are pool friendly

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Question Trees that are pool friendly

Hi all.

The place I work has 5 ~ 40 X 40" X 30" deep planters that need some flora. While palm trees would be perfect for the 'feel' that we want, the price is prohibitive because they wouldn't stand our New England winters and have to be replaced every season.

I want something that won't shed too much debris into the 2 pools and hot tub (for obvious reasons) - we have enough trouble with all the *()%#$% pine needles!

If it helps, the pools are in Wells, ME.

Thanks for any advice.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Default Re: Trees that are pool friendly

I'd look at bamboo since you're in planters. No shedding, no flowers, no pollen, green all year round, and hardy. On open land, they spread like sumac but in planters, they're controllable, and they make for an exotic look.
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Thumbs up Re: Trees that are pool friendly

Thanks Anna!

I'll run that by my GM tomorrow.

(was I right last night about why we couldn't connect, or what? - I'm just glad we can participate now!)
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Yep, you called it. I'm so glad Ben was able to get us all back online, don't know what I would do without my daily PF fix.
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Gotta go, but just saw this thread, and had to throw in my two cents;

At the bottom of my personal list of "pool friendly" trees is the "crap myrtle", which are everywhere around here. Those stupid things seem to have something to drop into pools 365 days out of the year!

At the top? A totem pole 'tree'.

+ Reply to Thread