+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saltcells.com Warning

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Unhappy Saltcells.com Warning

Saltcells.com now redirects to PoolStoreUsa.com. The BBB says it's owned by the same folks that has Saltcells.com

It's long been a policy here that we don't get into specific customer vs. vendor fights. It's hard to tell who's telling the truth, and usually, it ends up with some distortion on both sides. In fact, I usually ban on first post new users who register just to complain. That's not what we're about, and there are already other sites that specialize in taking just such complaints.

The fact that I screwed a bunch of PS-234 customers in 2006, and took forever to resolve all the issues, has made me even more reluctant to host this sort of thing. I know all too well how a poor businessman (like me) can end up hurting customers without planning to do so.

So, today when I got a new registrant who immediately launched into a post threatening to sue SaltCells.com's Ted Arunski -- I almost deleted it and banned him immediately. But he mentioned some old threads here, that I thought I'd better check out first.

I did, and ended up checking more and more.

Apparently, Ted Arunski (registered here as "Saltman") has been having some pretty severe customer service problems since 2006 or before, and those problems continue through the current time. And, for it to go on that long, it's hard to imagine that anything other than deliberate deception is to blame.

There's a long thread on Gardenweb, here., with recent updates. There also threads on PoolForum here, and here. (I just closed them, so don't try to post to them!)

Those are bad enough. But the BBB's "F" rating makes the picture look much worse, here.

So, I've reluctantly decided that a warning is appropriate, as much as it makes me uncomfortable. If you are considering the purchase of an SWCG from an online source, it would probably be prudent to look elsewhere. If you want to investigate SaltCells and Ted Arunski, you can do so. The following search terms will help:
    • "Ted Arunski"
    • "Saltcells.com"
    • "Saltman Enterprises"
    • "clevachlor-usa.com"
    Things may be coming to an end. Domaintools.com indicates that the domain is for sale, here.

I'll allow limited cautious posting. But if you want to organize a law suit, or some other community action . . . don't post that here. Once that begins happening, I'll delete those posts and close the thread.

Sincerely,

PoolDoc
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-03-2018 at 07:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread