+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with pop up cleaning jets!!!

Default Need help with pop up cleaning jets!!!

Hey everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I recently moved into a house and am working with the pool now as it was getting a little green. I am in Florida and have a salt water pool with a pop up cleaning system. I know very little about this system.

The floor jets are not working properly (only 3 are popping up), so I went to the Round group of pipes which the pool guy told me controlled them. There are about 7 2" pipes in a circle.

I removed the black plastic head that these pipes are going into and I can see that all are dirty and low in water except for 1. Can anyone tell me how I clean this part of the system???

Thanks!!!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Need help with pop up cleaning jets!!!

Welcome to the forum! I moved your thread into the repair section of the forum where hopefully someone who is familiar with these pop up jets will see your post and be able to help!

Default Re: Need help with pop up cleaning jets!!!

That is the control valve. It works like a lawn sprinkler , when the pump turns on it goes from zone to zone and will push the pool debris to the deep end where you will normally have two drains which will collect the debris .

My system is from paramount

Depending upon the unit some of the heads are designed to be up all of the time, others go on in sequence. . The link above contains a FAQ and a link to the valve replacement/service. The manufacturers name should be on the control valve so I would follow the instructions from that manufacturer.

http://www.1paramount.com/faq/pcc.php

Quote Originally Posted by usmuscle View Post
    Hey everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I recently moved into a house and am working with the pool now as it was getting a little green. I am in Florida and have a salt water pool with a pop up cleaning system. I know very little about this system.

The floor jets are not working properly (only 3 are popping up), so I went to the Round group of pipes which the pool guy told me controlled them. There are about 7 2" pipes in a circle.

I removed the black plastic head that these pipes are going into and I can see that all are dirty and low in water except for 1. Can anyone tell me how I clean this part of the system???

Thanks!!!

+ Reply to Thread