+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recap of my First Summer with a SWCG.

Default Recap of my First Summer with a SWCG.

Well the water has turned too cold even for the Grand kids to swim (Yes even in Arizona), so I thought I'd give a short recap on my first summer with a SWCG.

I have already stated in previous threads that it cost appoximately $1000 to install, including the SWCG unit, Labor, Salt and CYA. The rest is "boring". I purchased a total of three 2 gallon boxes of Muriatic Acid for a grand total of $25, (and still have over a gallon and a half left). I bottle of Bleach for three dollars. I have not had to add any more salt since the initial fill.

Soooooo, Since I would have normally spent over $100 on Chlorine, I guess that puts me up .

You can't put a price on the lack of burning eyes and the enjoyment of kids who WANT to swim in your pool, or not having to worry about returning home from vacation to a green monster.

If you are considering switching to a SWCG, You will take some time to recap your investment, but there is no way I'd go back to a traditional chlorine pool.
    If you can afford a swimming pool and computer, you can probably afford to help keep the PoolForum alive. Please be a responsible member and subscribe today. You'll probably save more than the membership fee on your first trip to the pool store. BTG

Default Re: Recap of my First Summer with a SWCG.

Thanks for the salt testimony.
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Since you have sunshine about 385-400 days a year (!) and usually all day, have you considered adding solar heating to your pool? There all kinds of ways to do it.
    Carl

No I haven't given it a whole lot of thought. I have heard of a couple of different ways from building a PVC Pipe system on the roof and painting it black to absorb more heat from the sun to commercial systems that cost big bux. I guess I'm just too warm blooded to swim all year round.

Oh and BTW, we do not have Sun 400 days a year, the Sun never sets here so we only have One Really long day. Go lay by your dish Carl LOL.
    If you can afford a swimming pool and computer, you can probably afford to help keep the PoolForum alive. Please be a responsible member and subscribe today. You'll probably save more than the membership fee on your first trip to the pool store. BTG

+ Reply to Thread