+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maybe it's time

Default Maybe it's time

Been a heck of a summer for the Hayward Viper. First the DBF broke the top deck when he pushed the debris bag button too far down. (I rigged it back together)
    Now, the gear or manifold or both aren't working, as it won't spin out. Tore it apart to check the gears, when I did the check valve ball rolled away to never never land. Replaced that with a bead from my daughters jewelry making supply. The gears were spinning great until the top 2, which seemed worn out. Restacked the gears, screwed it back together, still doesn't spin out.

So, I checked pricing for the top deck, manifold/gear kit. Best prices I can find will total about 250.00 plus shipping.

Now, I have been looking at possible other cleaners. Don't have the cash for a robotic one right now. But, I am in a pickle trying to decide if I should get a Kreepy Krawler or another Polaris pressure side cleaner. Reviews are mixed for both for preformance.

My pool is concrete bottom with a small shelf/lip then fiberglass sides and permananet steps. 22x40 46,000 gal rectangular.

Anyone have any thoughts?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Maybe it's time

Other than agreeing that you need a new cleaner? Not really.

Someone said that Woot (?) has the Blue Pearl for about $400...that's a great price. BP is the simplest and low end of the Blue Diamond line. I LOVE my Blue Diamonds (I have two--no fault of BD, I didn't get the first one fixed in time for the season). Leisure Living was selling the BD with remote for $1000.

One always hates to have to use the warranty, but on that count, Blue Diamond leaves Dolphin in the dust!

I had Dolphin Dynamic (with remote) and when I had troubles with it, Dolphin was MISERABLE about it, lying to me, telling me to tape RAW LEAD weights to it, taking months to get it back to me several times.

BD OTOH, had it back to me by the end of the week! (Wow!) and were nice as could be. They had a local service center I could drop it at as well.

Now I have TWO working BDs....
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread