+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy Clormatic Error Code 170

Default Jandy Clormatic Error Code 170

My salt chlorinator is a cm601 from clormatic who was bought by Jandy who was bought by Zodiac. It is about 7 years old, and I replaced the cell with the new 1400 model from Jandy. About a month ago, I saw some error codes that are for low voltage, and then the front board was beeping constantly as if a button was stuck. I had a front board, so I replaced it and it worked for a few days. Then I got the 170 code, which the manual says is for the front board, but Jandy tech people and the troubleshooting guide say could be the backboard. Taking all of this apart to try to work on it, I ripped out some wires on the sensor. My pool company had a front board that they swapped in, and it did not stop the 170 code, so they put the other one back. I put in a new backboard and a new sensor and the code went away and it finally started working. About a week later, I got the 170 code again. When I pulled out the sensor, the 170 goes away, but I get the bad sensor code. Jandy sent me a new sensor, and I put this in, but this did not fix the problem. Now the only original part is the transformer, but I don't want to buy another part only to find out that it is not the problem.

At this point, I am way frustrated and I don't know what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Jandy Clormatic Error Code 170

Dan,
    I can't help with your problem, but I did move your post into this forum (saltwater chlorinators) where I think people who may be able to help are more likely to see it. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread