+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gathering Estimates

Default Gathering Estimates

Pool Forum Team:

Need your help. I am currently gathering estimates for pools. The front runner is suggesting the following:

-16x32
    -2" piping
    -estimator eschewed 2 speed pump, explained $$$ saved better spent on timer for single speed pump
    -sand filter

The only thing i am concerned about is the shoot down of the 2 speed pump. My understanding is 2 speed can lead to major electricity savings. Also please note i have every intention of incl waterfall feature so is one speed pump enough?

Any guidance appreciated. Any other questions i should be asking before we sign anything?

On a sidenote, the folks who make up this forum are amazing. I have learned a ton.

Thanks,
    -NcPool

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Gathering Estimates

Welcome NCPool! I am not the pump expert around here but wanted you to know that you haven't been ignored. Hopefully, someone will be along soon to help. I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to Pool Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPool View Post
    Pool Forum Team:

Need your help. I am currently gathering estimates for pools. The front runner is suggesting the following:

-16x32
    -2" piping
    -estimator eschewed 2 speed pump, explained $$$ saved better spent on timer for single speed pump
    -sand filter

The only thing i am concerned about is the shoot down of the 2 speed pump. My understanding is 2 speed can lead to major electricity savings. Also please note i have every intention of incl waterfall feature so is one speed pump enough?

Any guidance appreciated. Any other questions i should be asking before we sign anything?

On a sidenote, the folks who make up this forum are amazing. I have learned a ton.

Thanks,
    -NcPool
    Two speed all the way and do get the 1/6th HP - 1HP motor. Even at low speed you will be amazed at how much water is moved.

A 1 speed pump ALWAYS runs on high so your question is rather confusing.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for any confusion.

+ Reply to Thread