+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 15 psi?

Default 15 psi?

Ok, so I finally attached my new (new to me -used 1 year previously) filter/pump. The filter is a hayward s180t and the pump is a hayward 1 hp. After only having it attached for about 2 hours the difference in color and clarity (I feel like I'm talking about a diamond) is amazing.

My pressure is at 15 PSI which I know is high, should I backwash soon to get rid of all the gook that's most likely in the filter, which had been gathering in my pool while the Intex filter was attached? or should I wait a few days and see if the pressure drops on its own? What should pressure be at normally, I know there is probably a range since everyone's pool is different?

Also, I want to add Fiber Clear (a DE alternative for those who may not know the brand) soon to really help clear up my green. With my currently high pressure when would be safe to add the Fiber Clear.?

A reminder to those who might have forgotten, I have a 5000 gallon Intex pool with green water from iron sourced from pipe corrosion.

Default Re: 15 psi?

I don't know what the pressure *should be* but I backwash when it's gone up 8 to 10 lbs. from where it is after the last backwash, when it's clean.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: 15 psi?

My normal full pressure (I have a 2 speed) is 20psi. When it goes up to 23-25, I backwash. So 15psi sounds just fine to me!

I still think your pump and filter are overkill, but if it works...

Plus, if you put in a bigger pool, this pump and filter should be good up to 15-20,000 gallons (for an AG).
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread