Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Order K2006, etc at Amazon.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Order K2006, etc at Amazon.

THIS POST IS NOW (2011) OUT OF DATE.

Hi All;

I'm exploring other ways to the PoolForum can support itself, without being obnoxious about it. One way is to refer users here, to products they might want to buy off Amazon. The way it works is, if you go buy the product you see here directly from Amazon, we get nada. But, if you click the link and buy the product -- you pay exactly the same, and we get a small %, maybe 5%. PLUS, if you keep shopping, we get 1 - 3% of everything else you buy during that session.

Clicking the link here DOES NOT PURCHASE anything; it only takes you to an Amazon product page.

========== INLINE NOTE =============
    OK. bumped into some weird behavior with this.

All links moved to
    http://faq.poolforum.com/products
    or
    http://faq.poolforum.com/books

=================================

My family uses Amazon a LOT, partly because we have home schooled, and have always had very good success using Amazon, and pretty good success buying used books from their affiliates.

Crummy products purchased from Amazon are, of course, still crummy products, even if Amazon sells them cheaply and delivers them quickly.

I'm listing some things below that y'all might be interested in. I'm also listing some thing that we, or some people here, are buying in reference to a Boy Scout troop startup we're working on, so we can buy those things, to test out how it's working.

PoolDoc
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-14-2011 at 05:12 PM.

sturev is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst sturev 0

Default Re: Order K2006, etc at Amazon.

Awesome Ben! Maybe put the reagents also and make it a sticky? I buy from Amazon all the time!
    Evan S.

AG FastLane Pool, 9x13 ~ 3,000 gal, COVERED/INSULATED 23X7, 30 gpm water pump (runs 12 hrs a day) AND a Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5 hp Pump (only used on occasion for the pool sweep), Hayward 100K BTU Heater, Waterway Flo-Pro Skim Filter & Slime Bag, no other filters

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Lemme get it working; then I'll tweak it.

Ben

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Ben, don't forget links to pool cleaners and such.

One question. Do we need to follow the link and buy that item or can we then navigate to other items that are for sale (Amazon always lists other items you can buy at the bottom of the page and other retailers you can buy the same item from).
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

As I understand it, I get a larger % for items directly linked from PF, but a smaller % from ANYTHING you buy during that session.

For example, if you click the K2006 kit, don't buy it, but then go on and purchase the Victoria's Secret $10,000,000 diamond bra for your wife DURING THAT SAME SESSION, my money problems for this season may be resolved.

However, I haven't read all the fine print and exclusions, so I may only at a % for the first $100 you spend on that bra.

Whatever.

It doesn't cost me too much time to do this; I don't think it will be obnoxious, and it may even be pretty helpful; and the money I get from it will be more than I get now.

PoolDoc

I wonder if you could set something up with Amato? They have about the best price from what I've seen for the kits... Not sure on the reagents.
    It would probably take a ton of time (of which we know you're very short on that too ), if it's even possible...

Bad idea; they'd probably just raise their price to compensate
    Evan S.

AG FastLane Pool, 9x13 ~ 3,000 gal, COVERED/INSULATED 23X7, 30 gpm water pump (runs 12 hrs a day) AND a Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5 hp Pump (only used on occasion for the pool sweep), Hayward 100K BTU Heater, Waterway Flo-Pro Skim Filter & Slime Bag, no other filters

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by pftest04 View Post
    For example, if you click the K2006 kit, don't buy it, but then go on and purchase the Victoria's Secret $10,000,000 diamond bra for your wife DURING THAT SAME SESSION, my money problems for this season may be resolved.

PoolDoc
    Sorry, can't do...Not married at present time.

NO images when I hover over links, just empty windows. Am using Chrome browser.

EDIT: Just switched to Firefox and it works.

Yes, when I hover the items show up in a nice window...
    Evan S.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

I see the images when I hover, too...

I'm glad you posted this--what a great idea!!

(You really should investigate this with amanto and sps, with as much referral business as they're getting from us--all you'd have to do is let them search the forums for their links and they'd see all the proof they'd need...)

Jan

Closed Thread