PDA

View Full Version : Stuff on bottom?

Mwil3
06-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Well, I'm still pretty new here and have been having a great time with the pool. I'm having a bit of a problem with "tiny" stuff that gathers on the bottom of the pool. I use the cheap water hose vacuum that came with the pool, but I think this stuff is just going throught the sock (it's catching the big stuff, but I can see a cloud blow right through the sock at times.) What's the best way to deal with this "water dust"?

Watermom
06-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Can you give us a bit more info please?

-- Complete current water testing results taken with a drops-based kit (not test strips)
-- type and size of pool (volume)
-- type of filter
-- size of pump

Also explain more about your vac. system. It has a "sock" at the end of the hose?

Have you tried putting skimmer socks in the skimmer basket to help catch the finer stuff?

Mwil3
06-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Well, after doing some more research (and actually reading through some post) I think I'm dealing with that yellow/mustard algea.

I've got an AG pool 18'x4'. I've just got the intex pump that came with it. I'm also using a SWG that I got. The vac that I'm using is the one that you hook up to a water hose and it uses a venturi idea to push things into a little filter bag.

I'm going to blast it with some bleach when I get home and start the pump running 24/7. Wish me luck!

Watermom
06-17-2010, 10:34 PM
How is it going?