PDA

View Full Version : Filtering Problem

isdsms
06-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I replaced the DE grids and I still have minimal filtering. I can see debris reentering the pool as I am vacuuming. What could this be?

waste
06-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Welcome back to posting!

Have you checked out the multivalve internals?

Also, when you replaced the grids, did you make sure that the fabric was all the way up to the 'inports' on the manifold and that the manifold itself wasn't compromised?

We'll help you, but you've gotta be our eyes, as we can't be there to see for ourselves :cool:

Please answer our 'follow- up' questions, and the great group here will guide you to a solution :)

isdsms
06-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Welcome back to posting!

Also, when you replaced the grids, did you make sure that the fabric was all the way up to the 'inports' on the manifold and that the manifold itself wasn't compromised?

We'll help you, but you've gotta be our eyes, as we can't be there to see for ourselves :cool:

Please answer our 'follow- up' questions, and the great group here will guide you to a solution :)

Will check the multivalve and grids tomorrow. Thanks!

isdsms
06-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Welcome back to posting!

Took apart the filter and reset the grids, even though they appeared fine. Saw that the screen to the PENTAIR STRAINER AIR RELIEF had rotted out, so I ordered a new one. Don't see how this would be a problem with the return, though. Replaced the gasket to the multivalve which was fairly compromised, thinking problem solved. Started the pump and once again, saw DE entering the pool. Vacuumed the pool of debris and once again the stuff returned. Really hoping that the strainer air relief is the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!