PDA

View Full Version : pool stores

cloudy
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I have been battling cloudy water for 3 weeks, I had been told get you pool balanced. So I took my water in for testing( I haven't purchsed a proper test kit just using strips)

TC 9.6
FC 9.3
PH 6.8
TA 140
CH 100
STABILIZER 90

They recommennded like 4 or 5 different things to do so I opted for a second opinion.

So I go to store #2 here's there #'s

TC 4.9
FC 4.9
PH 7.5
TA 143

They only recommended using a floculant. The question is

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHICH IS LEGIT?

By the way I went with the floc and my pool is cleared

Watermom
06-07-2010, 09:17 PM
First off, I want to welcome you to our forum. Unfortunately, there is no way to know which pool store's readings are correct. That is why we advise buying a good test kit and testing your own water. We recommend a Taylor K-2006 or 2006C. Then you don't have to rely on pool stores. The kit is a little pricey but it will pay for itself in no time and help you avoid cloudy water and a whole host of other problems as well.

CarlD
06-08-2010, 01:05 PM
A flocculent? I wonder what ever possessed them to recommend that.

I cannot remember the last time I used one of those--and it didn't work very well!

cloudy
06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
New question

Has anyone ever ordered anything from a site called intheswim.com? They also send me a catalog from time to time. I was considering ordering a test kit and some other items from them.

Watermom
06-15-2010, 11:50 PM
It has been awhile, but I have ordered from them before. I didn't have any problems. They are a pretty well-known company.

sturev
06-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Yes, I ordered from them and they are good, BUT, they don't sell the K-2006 test kit... They actually advertised it on Amazon but when I got it it was the 2005 kit (which isn't good for testing shock levels). I returned the kit with no issues. Here's post about another online company that DOES sell the right kit http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=9788