PDA

View Full Version : Pentair Pool Light - Halogen Bulb Question

jpmorgan12
06-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I need to replace the Halogen bulb in my Pentair Aqua Lumins II pool light. Are the 120V/250W halogen bulbs at Lowes or Home Depot any different than the $25-$35 120V/250W halogen bulbs that the pool stores and pool web sites sell? At 2 for $7, I am hoping that the Lowes or HD versions are acceptable.

Thank you

Watermom
06-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Bumping this back up to see if anyone can help jp. Welcome to the forum, by the way, jp!

jpmorgan12
06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Hoping someone can weigh in on this one. Is there anything special about the halogen pool light replacement bulbs, or will the ones at hardware stores suffice?

Poconos
06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
As long as the voltage and wattage is the same it should work. I'm convinced that Poolstores along with Boat shops and Harley shops have the biggest markups. Just look at the prices of hose clamps and PVC parts at Poolstores compared to Home Depot or Lowes.
Al

Cinda
06-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm not an expert by any means, but we have replaced 3 of these light bulbs (same Pentair lights as you have) w/ Home Depot or Lowes brands and have had success. Mind you, the wattage is not the same because we couldn't get 250 watt at the store. I didn't even bother to look online since these are working for us. Honestly, the amount of light is not diminished enough to be noticeable, and we have a 46,000 gallon pool. Good luck!

Searcher
06-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm not an expert by any means, but we have replaced 3 of these light bulbs (same Pentair lights as you have) w/ Home Depot or Lowes brands and have had success. Mind you, the wattage is not the same because we couldn't get 250 watt at the store. I didn't even bother to look online since these are working for us. Honestly, the amount of light is not diminished enough to be noticeable, and we have a 46,000 gallon pool. Good luck!

Heck, I pulled out my burned out 300 Watt, uber expensive, halogen bulb and replaced it with a 100 watt flood bulb that I had in my bins for 20 years. Less energy and the flood still shoots just fine, all the way to the steps. Shrug.