PDA

View Full Version : New liner doesn't fit,how will sun affect it?

catcooter
06-06-2010, 01:39 PM
We bought a new liner thru an online company, they didn't size it correctly so I have two feet on each side of extra liner that won't fit in the lip. (they did not compensate correctly for the staircase) How do I fix it? Aren't they liable? They said their "program" would correct it but it didn't. Can it just be "reseamed?"

Also, in the meantime the liner is in the pool, is the sun going to hurt it since there is no water in it or should I try to cover it? It is very dry here and we are expecting temps in low 100's. Until this is resolved I don't want to lose the entire investment.

We are installing it ourself as the locals wanted $4500 to install and for the new liner. I just don't have that kind of money. I did all the refurbishment of the walls (we had rust. I sanded it down and used Por 15 to seal it. also patched the vermiculite bottom)

Please help, I don't want to lose this liner to SUN damage today! thank you so much.

aylad
06-06-2010, 04:31 PM
If the company guaranteed the liner to fit and was supposed to compensate for the steps, then I would think they'd be liable for the problem. Have you called them to get a response?

As to whether or not the sun would damage it, I don't know for sure. I would think that as long as it's never been filled, the only risk you would face might be fading from the sun, or dirt/debris on the liner if you have to take it out and send it back. When you drain a liner pool that's already been filled, the liner usually shrinks back up and then is unusable--but if it's never been stretched in the first place, I can't think of what damage would be done to it.

The poster Waste is one of the liner installation gurus around here--hopefully he'll be by soon and can give you more usable information.

Welcome to the forum!!
Janet

waste
06-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Janet gave a GREAT response!! (she covered everything I'd have said) :cool:

A day or 2 of direct sun isn't going to harm the liner, but it really doesn't matter - because you're not going to be using an improperly cut liner. As long as you provided them the correct pool measurements, it's their responsibility to cut the liner correctly for your pool (NO ifs ands or buts!)

I don't blame you for wanting to save a few $K - there are some tips on liners here if you use the 'search' function. If nothing in the old posts helps, I'll tell you a couple things about properly dropping a liner :)

Good luck with resolving this - we'll be here to help and please let us know how you make out with it!