PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "directional eyeball"

jimlum
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately, the company that was normally doing our pool opening/closing is no longer doing it. When they closed the pool last year, they apparently didn't put some of the smaller parts where they normall put it, and so we're missing the "directional eyeball" jet inserts that go into our attached spa (there are 4 of them).

The only thing that I have to go by is the plugs look like 1" diameter (i.e., the plugs fit into a 1" inner diameter pipe), but when I've been searching, I haven't been able to find anywhere that has these jet inserts with that size.

These inserts were slip-type, i.e., not threaded. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a part number for such a part? We have a Leslie's store and a couple of other stores nearby, but I was hoping not to have to go back and forth trying to find the right part.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

PoolDesignnet
04-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Are you sure they are 1" and not 1-1/2"?

jimlum
05-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Zina,

As mentioned in my earlier post, the only thing that I have to go by is the plug that was used in the spa returns when we winterized. I measured the diameter of the rubber part of the plug, and it is 1" at the widest.

Jim

PoolDesignnet
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Jim,

Pentair makes a 1" slip inlet fitting part number 542000 (white) 542001 (black). I would get one and try it before buying all 4. They shouldn't be expensive, my guesstimate about $5 or $6.

jimlum
05-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Zina,

Thanks. I found an image for that Pentair part you mentioned. This looks like it:

http://images.google.com/images?q=542000%20pentair&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=gi

Jim